Walking a Winding Path

"We walk a winding path." --Gabriel Marcel

Name:

A celebration of the sacred, of life, of compassion and generosity-- and of strength and resilience in the face of adversity-- in the tradition of the great Native American mythos. An invitation to travel the Coyote Road, which, in Native American legends means to be headed to a wild, unpredictable, and transformative destiny. A companion to those who follow the path of the Trickster, which is neither a safe nor comfortable way to go-- but one abundant with surprise and adventure.

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Quick Quote

Sorting through the piles of clutter that had accumulated around my computer, I can across this, from Eleanor Roosevelt:

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right-- you'll be criticized anyway!"

Shades of that young man's thoughts attributed to Mother Theresa, I know...

But I have to say, underneath the determination and encouragement espoused in these reflections, I'm beginning to see some misanthropy and even the rather depressing point of view that good people doing good things tend to come under fire!

I never much worried about that-- before! And I hope that, now, I don't all of a sudden change in how I approach life. I mean, I don't want to care, all the while looking over my shoulder for the Critic or the Judge! Where's the fun in being good-hearted if one is constantly expecting backlash?

I don't know... I'm still finding my way through this time, still recovering the heart that was attacked in July... Bear with me... Blessings...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home