Walking a Winding Path

"We walk a winding path." --Gabriel Marcel

Name:

A celebration of the sacred, of life, of compassion and generosity-- and of strength and resilience in the face of adversity-- in the tradition of the great Native American mythos. An invitation to travel the Coyote Road, which, in Native American legends means to be headed to a wild, unpredictable, and transformative destiny. A companion to those who follow the path of the Trickster, which is neither a safe nor comfortable way to go-- but one abundant with surprise and adventure.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

It Has Happened to Me

One of the things that I used to be told when I was providing bereavement services to other people was that I wouldn't know how it felt to lose a loved until I actually did!

Well, now I do: My mother died today. She died peacefully, with my father and sister with her...

It has only been a couple of hours since I heard, and I am not at all sure how I feel at the moment...

Except I am feeling rage and exasperation at the One who Has Made Herself my Enemy. For in the middle of trying to pass on information and make arrangements with other family members, I received an official call from my denomination. My Enemy has lodged a formal complaint with them, and they are "investigating."

The timing of one's enemies is always exquisitely painful...

Your prayers for me and my family are very much appreciated, now and always.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home