Walking a Winding Path

"We walk a winding path." --Gabriel Marcel

Name:

A celebration of the sacred, of life, of compassion and generosity-- and of strength and resilience in the face of adversity-- in the tradition of the great Native American mythos. An invitation to travel the Coyote Road, which, in Native American legends means to be headed to a wild, unpredictable, and transformative destiny. A companion to those who follow the path of the Trickster, which is neither a safe nor comfortable way to go-- but one abundant with surprise and adventure.

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Sacred Web

Especially at this time in my life, I am grateful for all the relationships I have-- and even the ones that I've had that have brought me to this point. Along the lines of that common saying that we are to each other for "a reason, a season, or a lifetime," I offer the following from Transitions by Julia Cameron. It was my meditation a day or two ago...

"We do not interact at random. We are in each other's lives for spiritual reasons. We have 'business' with one another. By consciously choosing to focus on why I have met someone, on how I can best serve and expand another, I bring to each encounter a heightened awareness. As I ask to love all and serve all, I bring forward my spiritual gifts and call forward the gifts of others. Grace fills every moment when we are truly present. Sometimes we transit each other's lives like benevolent planets."

Ah, yes, this coming into and going out of each other's lives... How true that has been for me. Last year had its beginnings and it certainly had its endings! This year, likely more of the same, huh? So honoring the "transiting" and the transitions, and bringing a mindfulness and a sense of service... Letting Grace fill every moment, because all moments are precious...

May God keep our goings out and our comings in, daily, and ever more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home